Governor of Bangkok, Mr. Apirak Kosayodhin presided over a press conference at Klongtoey community center (lot 4-5-6) in a press conference to officially launch the “624” program. Bangkok Metropolitan Administration is the first city government that roll out the “624” program to improve the nutrition conditions of children in Bangkok. Mr. Apirak was accompanied by Mr. Somphob Snitwongse na Ayudyha, Director of Health Office and Dr. Suthilak Smitasiri, representing the Institute of Nutrition, Mahidol University.
During the first year of the program, the Health Promotion Division of Bangkok Metropolitan Administration will roll out the “624” program in 500 selected districts in Bangkok. The program will reach caretakers of infants aged between 6 – 24 months. Approximately 10,171 children will be covered by the program. The program comprises 3 major components:
- production of educational materials
- training programs for doctors, nurses, and volunteer health workers
- program monitoring and evaluation
A total of 138 doctors and nurses from 68 district health offices went through the training in February. Another 1,200 volunteer health works were trained in the months of March and April, 2008.
Latest posts by SIAMENTIS (see all)
- “One World”, Latest TVC for Red Bull Spirit - November 21, 2013
- Sukajit Srisukon – from Advertising to CSR Consultant - November 21, 2013
- Behind the scene photos from the Bull Spirit TVC shoot - November 21, 2013